Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "cui.hailin" <cu...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/26 16:00:52 UTC

ETL compoment

in servicemix ,why not development ETL compoment?

the requirement of Data Migration is large.

Re: ETL compoment

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
If you're interested in our platform "Spagic".
we've developed a component as Lwcomponent that is able to call ETL job
designed with Talend Open Studio.

Take a look here. http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/spagic

Andrea

Re: ETL compoment

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/26/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/07, cui.hailin <cu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > in servicemix ,why not development ETL compoment?
> >
> > the requirement of Data Migration is large.
>
> Agreed!
>
> We just had this discussion on the Camel project (Camel BTW works
> great as an EIP router for ServiceMix and JBI)...
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Use-case-question%3A-Can-Camel-be-used-for-dynamic-ETL-tool--tf4135958s22882.html
>
> I'm just in the process of creating a little ETL example in Camel.
> Once thats done, its trivial to deploy it into ServiceMix using the
> camel-jbi-service-unit.  I'll report back in a day or so when I've
> something to look at...

Here's an ETL example in Camel; its fairly simple but hopefully you
get the idea...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/etl-example.html
--
James