Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Shawn Church <sh...@boxity.com> on 2007/04/10 23:13:37 UTC

T4.1.1 stateless contrib:table

I am needing to provide sortable contrib:Tables in my application, but I
need them to survive a session timeout.  I normally buckle and make the
TableView source persist in the session, but that is never a very nice
solution.  I am providing my own IBasicTableModel, so I'm reloading the
table data on each request.  I thought I could use the new TableView
persist parameter to persist the table state to the client, as in:

<binding name="persist" value="literal:client"/>

Rendering a table, killing the application, restarting the app, and then
clicking on a sortable column header results in a StaleSessionException.

I have tried implementing my own ITableSessionStateManager, but the
default manager along with client persistence I thought should work.  I
would really appreciate some input if anyone has been able to implement
a truly stateless table.

Thanks,
Shawn