Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Angus Mezick <am...@guidestar.org> on 2003/06/25 19:02:36 UTC

InstanceListener

Has anyone here created an instance listener?  If so, where did you put
the .class file?  I am currently getting a classnotfound error.  I tried
classes in both server and common.  Anyone have an example of some code
that implements InstanceListener?  I can't find anything on this class
in the archives except checkins.
Thanks!

Angus Mezick
GuideStar - Philanthropic Research Inc.
427 Scotland St.
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
PHONE: (757)299-4631 x35  FAX:(757)229-8912
amezick@guidestar.org <ma...@guidestar.org>
www.guidestar.org <http://www.guidestar.org>

Re: InstanceListener

Posted by ch...@rsag.ch.

Hi Angus,

Could it be that the class you want to get an instace of is just loaded
under your web application path? For me it looks like a class loader issure
you may have.

I wrotte a littel JSP to show the class loaded by TC. You  may want to
check if your class is really loaded and under which path.

Regards,

(See attached file: ClassLoad.zip)

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG
Postfach 277
CH - 3000 Bern 11

http://www.rsag.ch
++41 31 348 05 30

             "Angus Mezick"
             <amezick@guidesta
             r.org>                                                     To
                                       <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
             25.06.2003 19:02                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         InstanceListener
               "Tomcat Users
                   List"
             <tomcat-user@jaka
              rta.apache.org>