Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Tony Thompson <to...@stone-ware.com> on 2004/03/03 20:32:47 UTC

HTTP client hang

I am having an issue with the HTTP client hanging when it is trying to
receive a large amount of data from a web server.  After doing a packet
trace, I noticed that as the HTTP client is receiving a large amount of
data, the TCP window size goes to zero and communication just stops.  Is
there something I need to configure differently to get around this
situation?

I am using JDK 1.4.2 but, I have tried different JVMs and it doesn't
make any difference.  The response that the client is receiving is in
response to a POST and it is coming back in several continuation packets
(don't know if that matters).

Thanks.
Tony

Re: HTTP client hang

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Tony,

Can you give an example of the code you are using, and where exactly
things are hanging?  Also, a wire log may also be helpful
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html>.

Mike