Posted to users@camel.apache.org by geppo <ge...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/18 16:49:19 UTC

Endpoint issue when upgrading to Camel 2.15.2 (dollar sign in URI)

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade from Camel 2.9.3 to 2.15.2.

The route is very simple:

   from(endpointInput)
      .routeId("MyRoute")
      .process(myProcessor)
      .to(endpointOutput);

where endpointOutput =
"myEndpoint:fail:string:file_name?expression=${file:onlyname}"
myEndpoint is defined as a subclass of DefaultEndpoint.

With Camel 2.9.3 it works fine, but as soon as I upgrade to 2.15.2 I'm
getting the error below.
Now I understand that the dollar sign shouldn't be used in a URI, but how
comes it is working fine with Camel 2.9.3?

java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 45:
myEndpoint:fail:string:file_name?expression=${file:onlyname}
at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URI.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.camel.util.EndpointHelper.resolveExchangePatternFromUrl(EndpointHelper.java:501)
	at org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor.<init>(SendProcessor.java:72)
	... 30 more

Re: Endpoint issue when upgrading to Camel 2.15.2 (dollar sign in URI)

Posted by geppo <ge...@gmail.com>.
It looks like using

   .recipientList(simple(endpointOutput))

instead of:

    .to(endpointOutput)

does the trick.

Still I don't understand how comes it works on Camel 2.9.3...