Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcus Bond <ma...@marcusbond.me.uk> on 2011/09/06 21:00:08 UTC

Modularisation of project web artifacts

Has anyone here much experience of separating out actions and associated
jsp's into their own projects (cvs , git whatever) and incorporating these
as artifacts into a larger project (aka the app)?

I want to be able to separate out my JSPs into a number of projects which
could be packaged into jars as maven artifacts (un-compiled is fine) and
then using a project maven build file draw these jsp out of their respective
jar files and add to the WEB-INF/whateverpath/ directory of the web-app
build. It looks at first glance like Overlays in Maven could do the trick
but does this approach work in Eclipse when developing too?

Anyone have any food for thought on this? Are there any other alternatives
such as deploying jsp in jar files (pre-compilation and corresponding
web.xml path mapping is a non starter)?

Cheers,

Marcus