Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/21 10:40:02 UTC

Bookreview 'Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Accounting' by Sharan Foga

Hi all,

A few days ago I received the upcoming book 'Getting Started with Apache
OFBiz Accounting' by our fellow contributor Sharan Foga. I did a review of
the book and published it online.

Read it at:
http://www.orrtiz.com/blog/-/blogs/getting-started-with-apache-ofbiz-accounting

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Bookreview 'Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Accounting' by Sharan Foga

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pm...@gmail.com>.
I would LOVE an accounting book!

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
Just FYI I did get the three books I ordered from lulu press, so it was
pretty fast (like 4 days to print and 4 to deliver) using cheap delivery.

They all seem well written from a quick look.

Re: Bookreview 'Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Accounting' by Sharan Foga

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
That is what I meant I was able to order a copy.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/sharan-foga/getting-started-with-apache-ofbiz-accounting/paperback/product-21729229.html

I guess lulu prints it after you order it though.
The first books I ordered have been printed, so it took aprx 4 days for them
to print them.
They do notify you when printed so you can have an idea when to see them.

I am looking forward to the books as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to document the various systems
(accounting, and manufacturing).
Also Thanks for the other books from other authors and all the web content
tutorials etc.

Re: Bookreview 'Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Accounting' by Sharan Foga

Posted by Pierre Smits' <pi...@orrtiz.com>.
It should be available now

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
I see it is available now, so I ordered it along with the data modeling
books.
Nice to have this resource (list of pertinent books available).

Re: Bookreview 'Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Accounting' by Sharan Foga

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hello Joel,

Is your inventory management based on POS is on Apache or Free software
Licences ?
In this case, we are interested to be informed about evolutions.

Could you provide a link to the repository that allow us to test it.

We are working on production follow up and traceability component for
factory since 2013 that could be interesting for you too, take a look at :

https://github.com/nomakaFr

Thanks!

Julien.

Julien NICOLAS
ERP/GPAO/MES Apache-OFBiz integrator

	Mobile : +33(0)6.66.98.39.53
Bureau : +33(0)2.85.52.30.55
Courriel : julien.nicolas@nomaka.fr <ma...@nomaka.fr>

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel,

If you investigating manufacturing, you should look into the other bookd by
Sharan Foga, called 'Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Manufacturing'. That
book is also available via Lulu.Com, see:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/sharan-foga/getting-started-with-apache-ofbiz-manufacturing-mrp/paperback/product-21280140.html

Best regards,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM, JFradkin@styleline.com <

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Kudos Sharan, your last book (on manufacturing) was really interesting to read, looking forward for this one!

Jacques