Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Tuck, Terry W" <Te...@SW.Boeing.com> on 2001/07/20 18:00:06 UTC

Truncated filenames in release src dist, jakarta-ant-1.3-src.tar.gz

Greetings all:

I cannot tell if it is my tar program or the subject filename, but I am
seeing only partial filenames in the
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/constantpool
directory.

T.

Re: Truncated filenames in release src dist, jakarta-ant-1.3-src.tar.gz

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
"Tuck, Terry W" wrote:

> Greetings all:
>
> I cannot tell if it is my tar program or the subject filename, but I am
> seeing only partial filenames in the
> src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/constantpool
> directory.
>
> T.

Are you using GNU tar?  We use gnu style long filenames for our tarballs.
The Solaris tar uses a different format.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.