Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/11/21 16:23:06 UTC

[m2] new xjc plugin announcement

http://mojo.codehaus.org/xjc-maven-plugin/index.html

The xjc plugin has now been re-implemented to delegate to the jaxme
ant task.
http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/manual/ch02.html#N10199

Any issues then please email me direct agwilliams1000@codehaus.org as
I don't
believe a jira entry has been set up yet.

Download and install:

 > svn co https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk
 > cd trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/maven-xjc-plugin
 > mvn clean install

Usage:

 From the top level readme.txt file here is an example of the plugin
config:

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>xjc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <goals>
               <goal>xjc</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <task><![CDATA[
                 <xjc schema="src/main/resources/com/acme/
services.xsd" package="com.acme"/>
               ]]></task>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>

You can continue using the original config but make sure you change
the goal
to xjc2 rather than xjc and bear in mind I won't be supporting it for
much longer.

Notice that there is no need to specify destDir as these maven
related settings are applied
automatically to the ant task.

Notice also that you need a CDATA section as I haven't worked out how
to embed xml
in the config as yet!

Thanks
- Ashley