Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/04/17 03:23:40 UTC

Isn't it about time for a 0.9.0?

Hey Guys,

It looks like it is about time to start prepping for a 0.9 release.  I
think we need to get a few last things into 0.9 and can then get a
candidate up for vote.  Here are my shortlist to include in 0.9:

DRILL-1384 (Get off Calcite fork)
DRILL-2479 (Correlated EXISTS containing an IN subquery fails to plan)
DRILL-2712 (infinite prune)
DRILL-2813 (Hive row count parse issue.)
DRILL-2370/2762 (Distributed state issues)
DRILL-2514/2413 (Impersonation)

I believe all are sitting in or near review.  I'll volunteer to be release
manager unless someone else is interested in doing it.  Unless I hear
otherwise, I'm going to create a release branch shortly.  Please feel free
to merge into master.  I'll probably just pick a fork point before any
around the tip depending on the nature of the merges.

Thanks,
Jacques

Re: Isn't it about time for a 0.9.0?

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
>> Let me know if you need my help in that part.

Yes, I would love your help

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Aman Sinha <as...@maprtech.com>.
Clarification: DRILL-2479 is already fixed after the Calcite rebasing.  I
will update the JIRA and add a test case.
DRILL-1957 is the one that is remaining - it is going through testing and
review (I did not realize it was not in your original list for 0.9).

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.