Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr> on 2014/05/22 21:00:40 UTC

IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Hello everyone,

I heard at the conference 360Flex, the skinning of the Android version 4.3
and IOS7 was in progress. Do you have a release date?
More over, I search skinning for buttons of ActionBar ( settings button skin
<https://developer.android.com/training/basics/actionbar/adding-buttons.html>
and button menu skin with float menu ( callout button with list
<ht...@2x.png>
Skinning exist in SDK or create from scratch ?

Thanks for your help !

RE: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr>.
I worked on programmatic skinning for the differents button types of
actionbar on Android and navigationbar on IOS.

The goal is to make buttons similar to those found in the guidelines for
Android 4.3 and IOS 7.

http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/actionbar.html
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/userexperience/conceptual/transitionguide/Bars.html

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> that's the plan, the only issue I am wrestling with is the decrement and
> increment buttons. If you are cool without them I will submit this week

It would be nice to have it fully complete.  But if you are stuck and want
to move on, then by all means submit it in the state it is in.  I can try
to finish it up and check it in.

Thanks,
Om

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
You should be able to create an account.  Then post on this list asking for
wiki editing karma.  I think Alex or Justin should be able to help with
that.

Anything you want me to change on the wiki page in the meantime?

Thanks,
Om

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:54 AM, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> on vacation this week, will see what I can work on when I get back on
> Monday.

Thanks Aaron!  I am done with DateSpinner and am currently working on the
HScrollBarSkin.  Please refer/update to the wiki page before starting on
any component so that we don't duplicate our efforts.

> Don't want to get a head of the game, but have you looked at Android
> L yet? We have some time since the official release is not scheduled till
> fall, they did reskin some of the components.

I did look at the L preview.  It looks like we wont have to change a lot of
stuff in the current skins we are working on.  We may have to add more
stuff on top it (like effects, animations, etc.) but hopefully not too much
to remove from the 4.x skins.

In fact, I am glad that we are doing the 4.x skins now; we will be ready to
switch over to L as soon as it goes live.

Hopefully we will wrap up the iOS7+ skins before all this.  It would be
great if more folks contribute to this task.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

on vacation this week, will see what I can work on when I get back on
Monday. Don't want to get a head of the game, but have you looked at Android

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Thanks om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
I like the table.  Organized

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Aaron,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
will do

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> here is a screen shot of the stageTextAreaSkin and stageTextInputSkin.
> <
> http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n38278/text_input.png
> >
> my thoughts were too create a style reference to change the border from
> flat
> to rectangular and also to keep the background color and background alpha.
> Here would be the style reference for textinput
>
> TextInput
> {
>         skinClass:
> ClassReference("spark.skins.android4.StageTextInputSkin");
>         contentBackgroundAlpha: 0;
>         contentBackgroundColor: #DEDEDD;
>         contentBackgroundAppearance: "flat";
>         selectionHighlighting: "never";
>         focusEnabled:"false";
>         focusThickness: 0;
> }
>
> and for TextArea
>
> TextArea
> {
>         skinClass:
> ClassReference("spark.skins.android4.StageTextAreaSkin");
>         contentBackgroundAlpha: 1;
>         contentBackgroundAppearance: "rectangle";
>         contentBackgroundColor: #DEDEDD;
>         selectionHighlighting: "never";
>         focusEnabled:"false";
>         focusThickness: 0;
> }
>
> let me know what you think. I have a few orientation issues to resolve and
> then should be good to submit.

This looks verygood to me.

Just one thing I would ask is to make sure that the skins work for all
DPIs?  I am working on modifying the SpinnerList class to support all DPIs
right now.
It would be of real help if you can concentrate on that for the TextInput
skins as well.

Thanks,
Om

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Great!  Looking forward to see more new skins.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I created a  ticket <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34356>
> and
> uploaded the skins. Let me know if you have any issues. I plan to work on a
> few more.

Aaron,

This is awesome!  Thanks for the contribution.  I will commit this as soon
as I get a chance.
I have updated the wiki page [1], please do so yourself when you start on
the next component.

Thanks,
Om

[1]

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
works for me, I was taking a similar approach to you on the spinner list. I
revised the fxg files.

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM, quick6black <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are some nice android skins on github at this  link
> <
> https://github.com/lheberlie/building-mobile-apps-flex/tree/develop/apps/mobile-map-boilerplate/src/com/esri/mobile/skins/mobile
> >
> . I was able to implement their dropdown menu into a project I am working
> on
> and it works great.
> <
> http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n37882/Screenshot_2014-05-29-12-57-37.png
> >

> The developer had commented about it a while ago in  this
> <
> http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/NEW-SKINS-FOR-FLEX-DESKTOP-COMPONENTS-td30005.html#a30108
> >
> thread. He built some great components and they are integrated into a ESRI
> Flex project but can run without their API

First off, we cannot simply take their code, even if it is released under a
compatible license.  I would rather that we create it explicitly for Apache
Flex or get it donated directly by the developer.
Also, I looked at the skins.  A couple of technical issues:  They are using
.pngs for assets.  This means that we cannot scale these graphics in run
time.  We would end up having to create multiple assets for each DPI that
we want to support (today that is 120, 160, 240, 320, 480 and 640)  The
approach I am taking goes the route of creating scalable FXG graphics for
each asset.  That seems to work well with all DPIs as it scales
seamlessly.

Thanks,
Om

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On May 29, 2014 6:04 AM, "quick6black" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been working on a new date spinner list and spinner list skins for
> Android, I hope to have them completed soon. Let me know what you think
>
> thanks
>
> <
http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n37868/steppers.png

This looks awesome!  It would be great if you can contribute this to Apache
Flex.  If yes, please open a JIRA ticket and attach the code there.

Thanks,
Om

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by Bobby <bo...@netscape.net>.
I recently found a good library of CSS Styles fpr mobile.
http://goratchet.com/

Bobby

Posted by Swen van Zanten <in...@hdsign.nl>.
Thank you very much!

I hope to do some work on this soon!

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
some of it is, I was able to pull a number of the components out and
integrate them into my project.
-Actiobar
-Horizontal Slider
-Button
-Check Box

I am using a number of the skins in one of my projects and they look great.

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr>.
This is skinning for ESRI Flex Map API, not for Flex UI...

Re: IOS 7 and Android 4.3 Skinning

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
There is a nice project posted on Github that has some great Android
actionscript skinning, the user also build a responsive navigator. This
might help in your Android Skin creation.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,