Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/06 07:42:56 UTC

Flex app using images

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if we can built an app in flex by using sliced
images(all the screens of the app) from a UI design done in Photoshop(or
any UI editing tool), without any performance issues?

I have been working on iPad apps by just skinning the components. But
sometimes there are some UI designs which are difficult to achieve by
skinning.

Hence wanted to know if we can extensively use images to build an app in
flex. Something like these:

http://dribbble.com/shots/172145-Mobile-admin-dashboard-iPad-UI-UX-iOS

http://dribbble.com/shots/722800-Experiment-with-Metro-UI/attachments/68300

Kindly let me know what can be the best approach.

Cheers,

Deepak

Re: Flex app using images

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Great! That was really helpful to start off.

I bet you! Such a pain to shift from photoshop to illustrator. But as you
said, it would be fruitful! Just happen to read through some articles. I
can use fxg documents from illustrator in flex and keep it vector
completely.

Thanks again..
Cheers!

Re: Flex app using images

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

RE: Flex app using images

Re: Flex app using images

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> hmmmm.. Any thoughts on this? :-)

There's not an exact answer here. It's possible to do and would work but is likely to add to the size of the application if you embed the images (because of the number of images) or make the application slow if you download the images as required. However it really depends on the type of application, where it's deployed and who the users of the application are, the best way to see is to make a prototype and try it out.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex app using images

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.