Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/02 13:05:34 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.59

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.59 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.59/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1033/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_59/
>
> The proposed 7.0.59 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.59 Stable

Smoke testing (JDK 8u31) - OK

JUnit tests run with Java 6 alone and with Java 7 (Java 6 as JAVA_HOME
+ Java 7 in build.properties) with all connectors (BIO, NIO, APR),
with 32-bit JDKs on Windows 7.

There are the following failures:

1) org.apache.coyote.ajp.TestAbstractAjpProcessor
Failed in all configurations (any of BIO, NIO, APR) x (Java 6, Java 7)

The test itself is broken on Windows, fixed by http://svn.apache.org/r1656013

2) org.apache.catalina.startup.TestHostConfigAutomaticDeployment
Fails (BIO,NIO,APR) with Java 6

Known and expected failure of Java 6 JDK to change timestamp of an
open jar file, ignoring

3)
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestClientCert.BIO.txt
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestCustomSsl.BIO.txt
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestSsl.BIO.txt

SSL tests are failing with BIO connector and Java 6. They pass
successfully with Java 7.

This was already reported and discussed when voting for 7.0.57.
http://markmail.org/message/rdu7uiqkw3qh6yme

This is caused by Java 6 client using SSLv2Hello, which Tomcat has
disabled by default. Ignoring.

4) org.apache.coyote.http11.TestAbstractHttp11Processor

Failed testNon2xxResponseWithExpectation with an NPE, on Java 6, all
connectors (BIO, NIO, APR).

The test passes successfully when running with Java 7.

[[[
Testcase: testNon2xxResponseWithExpectation took 0,216 sec
    Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.TestAbstractHttp11Processor.doTestNon2xxResponseAndExpectation(TestAbstractHttp11Processor.java:646)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.TestAbstractHttp11Processor.testNon2xxResponseWithExpectation(TestAbstractHttp11Processor.java:604)
]]]

The test sets up a web application with a security constraint that
forbids access to an echo servlet. It sends a request with "Expect:
100-continue"  and expects a 403 response with "Connection: close"
header.

The headers map of a response received with Java 6:
{null=[HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden], Content-Language=[en], Date=[Mon, 02
Feb 2015 11:53:52 GMT], Content-Length=[1065],
Content-Type=[text/html;charset=utf-8], Server=[Apache-Coyote/1.1]}

There is no Connection: close header.

This failure is odd and needs a review, but as the test passes with
Java 7 I do not consider this as a stopper.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.59

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.59 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.59/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1033/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_59/
>>
>> The proposed 7.0.59 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.59 Stable
>
> Smoke testing (JDK 8u31) - OK
>
> JUnit tests run with Java 6 alone and with Java 7 (Java 6 as JAVA_HOME
> + Java 7 in build.properties) with all connectors (BIO, NIO, APR),
> with 32-bit JDKs on Windows 7.
>
> There are the following failures:
> [...]
> 4) org.apache.coyote.http11.TestAbstractHttp11Processor
>
> Failed testNon2xxResponseWithExpectation with an NPE, on Java 6, all
> connectors (BIO, NIO, APR).
>
> The test passes successfully when running with Java 7.
>
> [[[
> Testcase: testNon2xxResponseWithExpectation took 0,216 sec
>     Caused an ERROR
> null
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at org.apache.coyote.http11.TestAbstractHttp11Processor.doTestNon2xxResponseAndExpectation(TestAbstractHttp11Processor.java:646)
>     at org.apache.coyote.http11.TestAbstractHttp11Processor.testNon2xxResponseWithExpectation(TestAbstractHttp11Processor.java:604)
> ]]]
>
> The test sets up a web application with a security constraint that
> forbids access to an echo servlet. It sends a request with "Expect:
> 100-continue"  and expects a 403 response with "Connection: close"
> header.
>
> The headers map of a response received with Java 6:
> {null=[HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden], Content-Language=[en], Date=[Mon, 02
> Feb 2015 11:53:52 GMT], Content-Length=[1065],
> Content-Type=[text/html;charset=utf-8], Server=[Apache-Coyote/1.1]}
>
> There is no Connection: close header.
>
> This failure is odd and needs a review, but as the test passes with
> Java 7 I do not consider this as a stopper.

Running with a debugger, Java 6 does not send the "Expect:
100-continue" header. At Tomcat side the headers in
org.apache.coyote.Request are:

[[[
=== MimeHeaders ===
user-agent = Java/1.6.0_45
host = localhost:62264
accept = text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
connection = keep-alive
content-type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
content-length = 10
]]]

Not a Tomcat's fault.

Best regards,