Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rui M . Silva Seabra" <rm...@multicert.com> on 2001/04/17 20:15:21 UTC

Re: mod_jk - DEAD END!

If you use mod_jk, you should only tamper with server.xml and workers.properties.

Use mod_jk.conf-auto as a template for mod_jk's apache configuration flags.

Example:

Let's suppose you have the following entry in /etc/hosts:
192.168.0.2  MyServer

Let's suppose you have the following entries in apache's httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.2
Include /usr/local/opt/apache/conf/mod_jk.conf
Include conf/projects/MyProject

Let's suppose you have the following entries in conf/projects/MyProject:
<VirtualHost MyServer:80>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/MyServer
        ServerName MyServer
        ServerAdmin webmaster@MyServer

        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/MyServer-error_log
        TransferLog /var/log/httpd/MyServer-access_log

        <Directory /var/www/MyServer/>
                Options Indexes
        </Directory>

        JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
        JkMount /cgi-bin/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

Let's suppose you have the following entries in conf/mod_jk.conf:
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/opt/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jk
JkLogLevel debug

Let's assume you have a pristine workers.properties.

Let's suppose you have the following in /usr/local/opt/tomcat/conf/server.xml:
(besides commenting unneeded services)

Add (just after the Ajp12 Connector Tag):
        <!-- Apache AJP13 support.
          -->
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
       value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
        </Connector>

and on the hosts section (in the end):
        <Host name="MyServer" >
                <Context path="/"
                    docBase="/var/servlets/MyServer/"
                    debug="1"
                />
        </Host>

Let's suppose that in /var/servlets/MyServer/ you have a WEB-INF dir with your project.

With this kind of setup, when you reach http://MyServer, you reach the contents in /var/www/MyServer.
As soon as you enter an url as http://MyServer/cgi-bin/MyServlet or http://MyServer/something/MyJsp.jsp, this requests will be forwarded to tomcat as MyServer/cgi-bin/MyServlet and MyServer/something/MyJsp.jsp.

/cgi-bin/MyServlet must be a servlet's url-pattern defined in web.xml (of your project) for your servlet, and on /var/servlets/MyServer/ must exist something/MyJsp.jsp

This is an overview of how to configure a host.

I hope it helps. It's probably not foolproof, but I'll let your wits and the help of other for deeper details of configuration. This is my contribution :)

Hugs and good luck, rms

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 07:38:29PM +0100, Raj Subramani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to get mod_jk to integrate with my Apache/Tomcat
> environment.
>
> The documentation talks endlessly about jserv and how to use it even
> though right at the top there is a line saying if you use "mod_jk"
> disable "jserv".
>
> Fantastic.
>
> Finally I reached this archive list to find that I was not alone. Thank
> god for that else I would have jumped off this floor that I am on.
>
> Since Apache cannot seem to resolve /example/servlet to /example
> (apparently that directive is in toncat-apache.conf which iis NOT TO BE
> USED if using mod_jk), what is the solution?
>
> Any takers?
>
> Cheers
> -raj

+ So let's do it...?

Re: mod_jk - DEAD END!

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
What trojan? It was just a text file.

--jeff

> At 07:15 PM 4/17/2001 +0100, Rui M . Silva Seabra wrote:
> ><file://C:\PROGRAM FILES\QUALCOMM\EUDORA PRO\Attach\Re mod_jk - DEAD
> >END!.ems <0880.0002>>5dee9b.jpg<file://C:\PROGRAM FILES\QUALCOMM\EUDORA
> >PRO\Attach\Re mod_jk - DEAD END!.ems <0880.0002>> Re mod_jk - DEAD
END!.ems

Re: mod_jk - DEAD END!

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.