Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by udeho <ud...@student.kit.edu> on 2020/11/25 13:25:41 UTC

Improvements OPC UA Adapter

Hi all,

in the last weeks I have implemented some minor improvements and a new feature for the OPC UA adapter.
You can find the corresponding changes in the pull request 31 (https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-extensions/pull/31) in extensions.

The OPC UA adapter now checks each node for a property that refers to an Engineering Unit.
Engineering Units are used to specify the unit of measurement in OPC UA.
If a node has an Engineering Unit, the OPC UA adapter can now extract this information from the node and set the measurementUnit in the event properties.
This allows StreamPipes to automatically detect the unit of measurement if when it is specified.
Currently, the IDs for Engineering Units assigned by OPC UA are manually mapped to the corresponding QUDT URIs for a small sample.
A better solution for this aspect needs to be found to make the feature widely applicable.
In addition, the unit of measurement is not yet displayed in the UI, probably some adjustments will be necessary.

Best regards,
Tim

Re: Improvements OPC UA Adapter

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi Tim,

thanks for the PR.
The improvements to the adapter look very good and I just merged it.

Yes that are two very good points. We need a way to map the units to our internally used ontology.
And we need to fix the bug in the UI that units are not displayed. I’ll open an issue for that in Jira.

Philipp