Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org> on 2005/04/15 21:17:35 UTC

h:message(s)

The docs for h:messages says

"Flag indicating that only global messages (that is, messages not associated with any
client identifier) are to be displayed. Default value is "false"."

But I only get messages for which there is no client identifier even when I specificy
it as false (and client id messages do exist because h:message for= shows them).

I also tried to override the default conversion message with:

javax.faces.component.UIInput.CONVERSION=Invalid Format

in my own Messages.properties file (which seems to be ok with overriding other
messages).

The other thing is that a message with a client identifier prepends the identifier to
the message, e.g. "_id0:_id4 : There was an error". Is it supposed to that or is that
something 'extra' the myfaces implementation offers. Is there a way to turn that off?

--
Rob

@objectsource.org

Re: h:message(s)

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.
Yes that's what I mean. I don't know a whole lot off the top of my head
about all the configurations (hopefully someone can help me out here), but
you will have to change that message to get rid of the clientId.
Unfortunately, there is no standard way to put a label on the message (but
its being resolved in Faces 1.2).

On 4/15/05, Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org> wrote:

> The default properties of what? There a message property with some name
> that looks
> like this: '{0} : Specified value is not a valid date/time.' somewhere in
> myfaces and
> I have to find out where that is defined, get the name and add it to my
> Messages.properties. Is that what you mean?
>
> --
> Rob
>
> @objectsource.org <http://objectsource.org>

-Heath Borders-Wing