Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org> on 2022/02/15 02:01:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Yilin Zeng

Hi, community,

The Project Management Committee(PMC) of Apache APISIX has voted and
invited Yilin Zeng[1] to be a committer. We are pleased to announce that he
has accepted.

Yilin Zeng started his first contribution in July 2021, and in the past 6
months, as a tech writer, he contributed many kinds of content to our
community.

In the beginning, he helps to check and go through all contents under the
Apache APISIX Website, and fix typos or inappropriate sentences to make
content smooth and clear.[2]

After he gradually knows more about Apache APISIX's tech contents, he
started to maintain Apache APISIX's medium account, and there have been 33
blogs on Medium since Sept 2021, and some blogs get many claps in medium :)
As we know, Medium's SEO is very friendly to search engines, and I think
it's a kind of contributing to Apache APISIX branding. Welcome to subscribe
and read those blogs.

Because we gradually have posts from developers, Yilin Zeng even wrote a
guideline on how to submit your blog to Apache APISIX Website, and it
contains some necessary skills around our Website framework Docusaurus, see
this guideline[4] for more detailed. Today, one of our contributors follow
this guideline and submitted his post around Apache APISIX running on ARM,
see this PR[5].

Days ago, Yilin Zeng helped to connect Apache APISIX with other communities
and contributed blogs, here're some examples:
- Authing: Using Apache APISIX and Authing to implement Centralized
Authentication Managemen[6]
- Apache OpenWhisk: Using Apache APISIX and Authing to implement
Centralized Authentication Management[7]
- Keycloak: How to Integrate Keycloak for Authentication with Apache
APISIX[8]
- Open Policy Agent: OPA Ecosystem[9]
- Dapr: Enable Dapr with Apache APISIX Ingress Controller[10]

I would encourage community volunteers to learn and involve in Community
Projects, Events, Discussions, and more, we PMC members will keep watching
all activities :)

[1] https://github.com/yzeng25
[2]
https://github.com/apache/apisix-website/commits?after=2067396a2f9e9d8ca1a2b79fefb1f16298aaf8a5+34&author=yzeng25
[3] https://medium.com/@apacheapisix
[4] https://apisix.apache.org/docs/general/blog
[5] https://github.com/apache/apisix-website/pull/837
[6]  https://www.authing.cn/blog/296
[7]
https://medium.com/openwhisk/coming-soon-apache-apisix-integrate-with-apache-openwhisk-aca14188a267
[8] https://www.keycloak.org/2021/12/apisix
[9] https://www.openpolicyagent.org/docs/latest/ecosystem/
[10]
https://thankful-ocean-0d6f6e61e-65.westus2.azurestaticapps.net/posts/2021/12/26/enable-dapr-with-apache-apisix-ingress-controller/
(staging)

Best Regards!
@ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Yilin Zeng

Posted by Qi Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Zeping Bai <bz...@apache.org> 于2022年2月15日周二 10:13写道:

Posted by Zeping Bai <bz...@apache.org>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Chever John <ch...@gmail.com>.
Congratulation!
Best regards!

Posted by JinChao Shuai <sh...@apache.org>.
Congratulations! 😁😁

Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org> 于2022年2月17日周四 09:07写道:

> Hi, Yilin,
>
> > I will attend Dapr's community meeting to do a presentation about it on
> Feb 22nd 7:30pm Pacific Time (PST)[2]. Feel free to drop by if you are
> interested.
>
> Please also invite me by jjzhiyuan@gmail.com, thanks!
>
> Best Regards!
> @ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>
>

> Bisakh Mondal <bi...@apache.org> 于2022年2月17日周四 00:47写道:
>
> > Hey hey, Congratulations! 😁
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 16, 2022, 9:37 PM Jintao Zhang <zh...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Congratulations!
> > >
> > > wangyeliang <wa...@apache.org> 于2022年2月16日周三 18:52写道:

> and
> > > that

> > > past 6
> our

> under
> > > the
> > make

> he
> > been
> > > medium
> > > think

> > wrote
> it
> > Docusaurus,
> on

> Apache

> > > Community

> https://github.com/apache/apisix-website/commits?after=2067396a2f9e9d8ca1a2b79fefb1f16298aaf8a5+34&author=yzeng25
> > > > >

> https://medium.com/openwhisk/coming-soon-apache-apisix-integrate-with-apache-openwhisk-aca14188a267
> > > > >

> https://thankful-ocean-0d6f6e61e-65.westus2.azurestaticapps.net/posts/2021/12/26/enable-dapr-with-apache-apisix-ingress-controller/

Janko

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Yilin Zeng

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi, Yilin,

Posted by Bisakh Mondal <bi...@apache.org>.
Hey hey, Congratulations! 😁

Posted by Jintao Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
Congratulations!

Posted by wangyeliang <wa...@apache.org>.
Congratulations! 😁😁

Posted by Yong Qian <qi...@api7.ai>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Bozhong Yu <im...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com> 于2022年2月15日周二 11:14写道:

回复: [SCAM] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Yilin Zeng

Posted by Yilin Zeng <yz...@wisc.edu.INVALID>.
Hi,

Thanks guys!

For the record, the "Dapr: Enable Dapr with Apache APISIX Ingress Controller"[1] blog is available online now.

I will attend Dapr's community meeting to do a presentation about it on Feb 22nd 7:30pm Pacific Time (PST)[2]. Feel free to drop by if you are interested.

[1] https://blog.dapr.io/posts/2022/01/13/enable-dapr-with-apache-apisix-ingress-controller/
Enable Dapr with Apache APISIX Ingress Controller | Dapr Blog<https://blog.dapr.io/posts/2022/01/13/enable-dapr-with-apache-apisix-ingress-controller/>
Using Apache APISIX Ingress Controller with Dapr In this post we discuss the benefits of using Apache APISIX Ingress Controller with Dapr and describe a project between Weyhd and China Merchants International Technology that utilizes it. This post dives into how you can apply the Apache APISIX Ingress Controller with Dapr to your applications running in a Kubernetes cluster. Ingress is a ...
blog.dapr.io
[2] https://github.com/dapr/community#community-meetings
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/9dd8627a5febc37e32cfe7d727e645905be919e4ae96a32b337518d6aefe6d1a/dapr/community]<https://github.com/dapr/community#community-meetings>
dapr/community: Governance and community material for Dapr and its open source sub-projects - GitHub<https://github.com/dapr/community#community-meetings>
Dapr Community. Welcome to the Dapr community. This is the starting point for becoming a contributor, improving the code and docs, giving presentations and all the goodness of helping out on the project.
github.com
Regards,
Yilin Zeng
________________________________
> Except for congratulations to Yilin, I would encourage everyone to read and
> know more about what Yilin did before :) Impressive to me!
>
> Best Regards!
> @ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>
>

> Yi Sun <su...@apache.org> 于2022年2月15日周二 10:17写道:
>
> > Congratulations!
> >
> > Leslie Tsang <le...@icloud.com.invalid> 于2022年2月15日周二 10:15写道:
> > >
> > > Congratulations! 🥳 🎉
> > >
> > > Leslie Tsang
> > > leslie.tsang@icloud.com

> > that he

> > past 6

> > the

> > been 33
> > medium :)
> > think
> > subscribe

> > Docusaurus, see
> > follow
> > ARM,

> > communities

> > Community
> > watching

> > https://github.com/apache/apisix-website/commits?after=2067396a2f9e9d8ca1a2b79fefb1f16298aaf8a5+34&author=yzeng25
> > > >
> > https://medium.com/openwhisk/coming-soon-apache-apisix-integrate-with-apache-openwhisk-aca14188a267
> > > >
> > https://thankful-ocean-0d6f6e61e-65.westus2.azurestaticapps.net/posts/2021/12/26/enable-dapr-with-apache-apisix-ingress-controller/

*** UW-Madison mail system warning: possible scam

This message contains content that indicates it may
be a Spear Phish or Business Email Compromise (BEC)
- types of scams commonly seen in email.

Be alert!  Many scams appear legitimate and
some scams will not always trigger this warning.

For more information and support, please read
the following doc in the UW-Madison knowledgebase

https://kb.wisc.edu/13293

*** end of warning

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Yilin Zeng

Posted by ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi,