Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Ralf <da...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/15 11:16:36 UTC

Problem creating SOAP URL with CLI

In the SOAPHelper the URL instance for calling the SOAP service
is created as such:

this.url = new URL(context, url);

where context is the requesting url.

I'm having a problem with this running in the CLI environment, the
value of context here turns out to be:

"http://@name@ @version@:-1soap/joke"

which is badly formed and thus fails.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the SOAPHelper, or the
CommandLineRequest which is responsible for putting part of this
badly formed URL together when it's getServerName() is called.

(getServerName() returns "Constants.COMPLETE_NAME" )

Anyways, FYI, I've changed:

    this.url = new URL(context, url);

to:

    this.url = new URL(url);

and I have no problem in CLI or Servlet environments.

I don't know why we need to form the SOAP url relative to
requesting context.

Thanks,

David