Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "matt.payne" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/13 22:19:05 UTC

Can validation be evaluated ahead of time to paint JQuery validation rules?

I really like the treatment the JQuery
http://jquery.bassistance.de/validate/demo/ validation plugin (not struts
plugin), gives for a user experience.  I would really like the rules to come
from back end rules and decorate the form fields the same way if the back
end bounces a validation error.

Is there anyway to evaluate the validation config ahead of time, so jquery
rules can be written?

Re: Can validation be evaluated ahead of time to paint JQuery validation rules?

Posted by "matt.payne" <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am using freemarker, but I do not think there would be an advantage to
using JSP in this case.
What I am looking for in and object graph of validation rules so I can
"paint" my jquery validation rules from the the backend validation.

Matt

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.