Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Laszlo Szabo <la...@googlemail.com> on 2007/03/31 16:35:34 UTC

How to find new files added by others into main repository

1. What is the standard or best way to refresh one's local repository with
new files/folders that had been added by others to the main repository? The
update command only seems to work with files that already exist locally but
ignores any that have been added by others. It would be a shame and a large
timewaster for large repositories if the only way to do this is to
periodically delete the local repository and checkout everything afresh from
the main one.

2.What command(s) can provide a list of all folders/files that are in the
main repository but not in the local one?

Re: How to find new files added by others into main repository

Posted by Maxim Veksler <hq...@gmail.com>.
(top posting because this is OT):

This document: "http://www.mind.ilstu.edu/research/robots/iris4/developers/svntutorial/"
 is SO WRONG that I wonder if the guy even understands how to use
subversion.

Please ignore everything said there and go read proper documentation :
- http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
- http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/index.html

Cheers,
Maxim Veksler

"Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?

Re: How to find new files added by others into main repository

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.

Posted by Laszlo Szabo <la...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.

Posted by Matt Sickler <cr...@gmail.com>.
i think you mean "working copy" if you mean what you get when you `svn co
URL` - that is called a "working copy"
`svn update` updates your working copy to the most recent revision in the
repository. if it is not doing that, please include a transcript of the
shell session

Posted by Matt Sickler <cr...@gmail.com>.
"local repository" ?