Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tina Mueller <ap...@s05.tinita.de> on 2005/09/15 23:55:20 UTC

Re: HTML::Template::Compiled

hi,

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Does anyone use the templating system HTML::Template::Compiled with
> mod_perl?
>
> I have just discovered that it works much faster with mod_perl than
> HTML::Template and I have also seen that it has some new features but I
> wouldn't like to start using it, then to discover big bugs.
>
> If I won't get any answer, this means that the module is very good indeed
> and I can start using it with no problem.

i wouldn't use in production code now, as i have not tested memory usage yet,
(there is a script examples/bench_mem.pl though which will give you a
rough overwiev)
so if you have a lot of templates, your process might get big. at the
moment there is no convenient way to load the cached templates at
startup, and it might be that even some of the code forces a
copy-on-rewrite. i hope i can test that soon.
it has beta status, so if you want to beta-test feel free =)
my test suite is not big at the moment, i'm just adding tests when i
discover a bug or add a new feature, so you might step into some bugs.

of course, if your bottleneck is the database, HTC can't save you much,
but a bit. try to use DProf to see what part of your code takes the most
time.

development at htcompiled.sf.net

regards,
tina