Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2012/02/17 01:22:23 UTC

10.9 bug triage

Dear derby-dev,

Seems like a good time for bug triage.  I set up a 10.9 triage page at:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenNineBugTriage

Please note all the things listed on the page to check, but at a minimum
set Urgency and add the derby_triage10_9 label.
Don't forget to mark issues High Value Fix if you think they are. See
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HighValueFixCandidates for what that means.

For extra credit, I listed also the bugs we haven't looked at since 10.5
for a quick check just to see if they are still current.

Thanks!

Kathey

PS. I did most of the basic cleanup in the Jira Maintenance Reports at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJiraReports and Mike marked the
components for open issues.   I also fixed up the project reports on
this page which were mostly broken.  Please let me know if there are
other reports that would be useful or if anything still breaks.

Re: 10.9 bug triage

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 2/23/2012 6:42 PM, Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hi Kathey,
>
> Thanks for setting up this page. I have been working on SQL "Never
> Triaged Bugs" list.
>
> I am little confused though by the Assignee and Completed columns. Can
> only one person triage any specific group of bugs? For instance, if I
> put my name down for SQL, can someone else triage that list too? It
> will be good to have more than one person working if the list of bugs
> is long. Also, the list of bugs will change from day to day depending
> on how many more jiras may have come in. Given that, what does
> Completed column mean?

Thanks Mamta for doing the triage and bringing this up.  I had sort of
blindly copied the 10.8.1 triage page which was just a single round and
individual components had to be broken into specific chunks, but for
10.9, it would be good to have one triage round now and then another
closer to the release.

I can see three options, but probably there is something better.
1) Change the queries to have a closing create date and then just have a
new page for the next round of 10.9triage.

2) Keep it open ended and just have a currently assigned column for
whoever is currently working on that set and replace the range and
completed columns with just a comments section where people can put in
the work they have done and unassign themselves when no longer working
on that set.

3) Change the completed column to Status where people can put In
Progress, Completed thru <date> and just add new lines to the table for
the next round of triage.

None of these seem ideal, so I am open to other suggestions.

Kathey

Re: 10.9 bug triage

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kathey,

Thanks for setting up this page. I have been working on SQL "Never
Triaged Bugs" list.

I am little confused though by the Assignee and Completed columns. Can
only one person triage any specific group of bugs? For instance, if I
put my name down for SQL, can someone else triage that list too? It
will be good to have more than one person working if the list of bugs
is long. Also, the list of bugs will change from day to day depending
on how many more jiras may have come in. Given that, what does
Completed column mean?

thanks,
Mamta