Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2018/09/19 21:49:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha (RC0)

Hi all,

After the recent discussion about the first Ozone release I've created
the first release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha.

This release is alpha quality: it’s not recommended to use in production
but we believe that it’s stable enough to try it out the feature set and
collect feedback.

The RC artifacts are available from:
https://home.apache.org/~elek/ozone-0.2.1-alpha-rc0/

The RC tag in git is: ozone-0.2.1-alpha-RC0 (968082ffa5d)

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
working days, ending on September 26, 2018 10pm UTC time.

The easiest way to try it out is:

1. Download the binary artifact
2. Read the docs at ./docs/index.html
3. TLDR; cd compose/ozone && docker-compose up -d

Please try it out, vote, or just give us feedback.

Thank you very much,
Marton

ps: At next week, we will have a BoF session at ApacheCon North Europe,
Montreal on Monday evening. Please join, if you are interested, or need
support to try out the package or just have any feedback.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha (RC0)

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Marton,

+1 (binding)

1. Verified the Signature
2. Verified the Checksums - MD5 and Sha*
3. Build from Sources.
4. Ran all RPC and REST commands against the cluster via Robot.
5. Tested the OzoneFS functionality

Thank you very much for creating the first release of Ozone.

--Anu

Posted by Xiaoyu Yao <xy...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks all for the efforts to reach the 1st ozone release.

+1 (binding).

1. Download src and verify Signature and Checksum.
2. Build with sources.
3. Run Acceptance tests.
3. Run docker cluster and scale tests.
4. Verify ozone sh and ozone fs shell with basic volume/bucket/key inter-ops.
5. Run Freon with random key creations and verify the result on OM/SCM UI.
6. Review the document shipped with ozone UI.

Only found a minor issue in the doc where the acceptance test location need to be updated - tracked by HDDS-556.

On 9/26/18, 8:51 AM, "Ajay Kumar" <aj...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    @Elek, Marton thanks  for working on this release.

    +1 (non-binding)

    1. Verified Signature and Checksum
    2. Built from Sources
    3. Ran docker cluster
    5. Tested basic commands to create,delete volumes,buckets,keys.
    6. Verified SCM and OM UI.

    On 9/26/18, 5:32 AM, "Nandakumar Vadivelu" <nv...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

        Thanks Marton for all effort to make this release happen.

        +1 (non-binding)

        1. Verified Signature and Checksum
        2. Build from Sources
        3. Ran 5 node cluster using docker
        4. Installed pseudo distributed cluster
        5. Ran RPC and REST commands against the cluster
        6. Verified SCM and OM UI

        -Nanda

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <ms...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for working on this Marton.

+1 (non-binding)
1.  Verified Checksum
2. Verified the OM and SCM UI
3. Verified freon on a single node docker based cluster.
4. Build from source

-Mukul

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.
Correction: My vote is NON-BINDING. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Hanisha

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for putting together this release Marton.

+1 (binding)

  - Verified signatures and checksums
  - LICENSE and NOTICE files exist in source and binary tarballs
  - Built from source code
  - Deployed to three node cluster
  - Tried out Ozone shell commands via 'ozone sh'
  - Tried out OzoneFS commands using 'ozone fs'

Hit couple of issues, but they should not block Alpha1:
- SCM may not exit chill-mode if DataNodes started before it (startup order dependency?)
- DataNode logs are not going to the correct location.

-Arpit

Posted by Sandeep Nemuri <nh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marton,

+1 (non-binding)

- Verified the Signature.
- Built from source.
- Ran Robot tests to verify all RPC and Rest commands.
- Deployed Pseudo ozone cluster and verified basic commands.

Thanks,
Sandeep Nemuri

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 3:19 AM Elek, Marton <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After the recent discussion about the first Ozone release I've created
> the first release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha.
>
> This release is alpha quality: it’s not recommended to use in production
> but we believe that it’s stable enough to try it out the feature set and
> collect feedback.
>
> The RC artifacts are available from:
> https://home.apache.org/~elek/ozone-0.2.1-alpha-rc0/
>
> The RC tag in git is: ozone-0.2.1-alpha-RC0 (968082ffa5d)
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
> working days, ending on September 26, 2018 10pm UTC time.
>
> The easiest way to try it out is:
>
> 1. Download the binary artifact
> 2. Read the docs at ./docs/index.html
> 3. TLDR; cd compose/ozone && docker-compose up -d
>

> Please try it out, vote, or just give us feedback.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Marton
>
> ps: At next week, we will have a BoF session at ApacheCon North Europe,
> Montreal on Monday evening. Please join, if you are interested, or need
> support to try out the package or just have any feedback.

*  Regards*
*  Sandeep Nemuri*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha (RC0)

Posted by Lokesh Jain <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marton for the first release of ozone.

+1 (non-binding)

- Verified the signature
- Built from source
- Tested ozone shell and ozone fs commands using robot
- Deployed pseudo ozone cluster and verified basic shell commands

Posted by Lokesh Jain <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lokesh Jain <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hanisha Koneru <hk...@hortonworks.com>.