Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Jeremy Dyer <jd...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/26 15:59:43 UTC

Re: PublishKafka_1_0 Kerberos

A JAAS file is not required. Can you point me to the documentation that is
confusing so I can change that as well

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PublishKafka_1_0 Kerberos

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
If you want to submit a PR, you would need to update the property
descriptor in 0.9, 0.10, 0.11, 1.0, and 2.0:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/search?q=The+Kerberos+principal+name+that+Kafka+runs+as.&unscoped_q=The+Kerberos+principal+name+that+Kafka+runs+as.

Thanks.

Posted by James Srinivasan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Caulfield <da...@gm.com>.
The additional details link within the processor usage docs still references using the JAAS file.

A JAAS file is not required. Can you point me to the documentation that is confusing so I can change that as well

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 7:57 AM Dan Caulfield <da...@gm.com>> wrote:
Is a JAAS file still required when using SASL_PLAINTEXT or SASL_SSL?  Since the Kerberos Credential Service and the Processor itself has all of the information that the JAAS file would contain it seems to contradict the documentation.

Dan Caulfield
Hyper Scale Engineer
GM – NA Information Technology – Hyper Scale Data Solutions
dan.caulfield@gm.com<ma...@gm.com>
T +1 5128403497