Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ei...@evita.no on 2007/04/14 13:29:09 UTC

Problem getting to work in settings.xml

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting <offline> to work inside settings.xml, using
maven 2.0.6 on Windows:

1) First, to verify stuff, using "mvn help:effective-settings" yields this
(expected) result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><settings>
  <localRepository>C:\Documents and Settings\Eirik
Lygre\.m2\repository</localRepository>
</settings>

2) Next, using "mvn -o help:effective-settings" yields this (still
expected) result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><settings>
  <localRepository>C:\Documents and Settings\Eirik
Lygre\.m2\repository</localRepository>
  <offline>true</offline>
</settings>

3) Next, I copy the above result into the maven conf/settings.xml, but
with
the repository change to a different drive. Maven populates the new
directory,
so I know that it uses this settings-file, but it seems to loose the
<offline>-setting, as demonstrated in the following (unexpected) result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><settings>
  <localRepository>e:\Documents and Settings\Eirik
Lygre\.m2\repository</localRepository>
</settings>

Can anybody help?

Eirik

Eirik Lygre
e-vita as - stortorvet 10 - 0155 oslo
mobil: +47 90 56 64 76

Re: Problem getting to work in settings.xml

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

I am not sure if that is by design or if it's a bug. But if it is a bug,
I've just created an issue ( see [1] ) for that and submitted a patch for
it.

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2949