Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2015/01/28 15:07:21 UTC

useless branches and branch deletes at asf git repos

Hi folks!

I've found another thing which is ugly

release-tomee-1.7.2 and
tomee-1.7.2 branches which are actually just leftovers it seems?

Please be aware that we MUST NOT DELETE anything at ASF repos! We must not do history rewrite!

So think REALLY hard before creating branches which are just utter garbage. In git you just cannot get rid of them that easily. They get mirrored downstream automatically and we have no whatever control about them anymore!

Please read how we handle GIT over at DeltaSpike.

We e.g. release with localCheckout=true and pushChanges=false.

Just ping me if I need to go into details.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: useless branches and branch deletes at asf git repos

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
No worries John. I think what happened is that the setup for GIT is still wrong. Will need to dig and fix it.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.