Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com> on 2018/11/30 21:09:13 UTC

Hello World! - How can I help?

Hello everyone,

my name is Richard. I had a nice mention on Twitter by @dblevins
(https://twitter.com/dblevins/status/1068594206577352704), so I decided
to join the mailing list.
My first contribution to TomEE was the fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2233.

A little bit of background information: I am a research associate & PhD
student in the field of Medical Computer Science (or Medical
Informatics), primarly working in the field of Web data-mining /
Distributed Web-Crawling.
I love to code and as we are using TomEE for our software labs in our
bachelor / master programme at our faculty (and for some other
non-university related projects), I would love to contribute to this
great project :)

So now I am here and happy to help :)

Cheers,
Richard

Re: Hello World! - How can I help?

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to TomEE, Richard!

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson

Re: Hello World! - How can I help?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Nov 30, 2018, at 2:05 PM, Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com> wrote:
>
> The PR (https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/162) was merged to 7.1.x branch only (from what I can see in the PR in GitHub) and includes a related test-case :)
>
> As it is related to the changes discussed in http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-8-Jsonb-Provider-td4684419.html - it may also be worth to check the described behavior in version 8.x.x - this could be a way to go.

Checking this in TomEE master would be a great place to contribute some time.  If you create a PR for the test case, that would be excellent.  If it is only in 7.1.x than it will "die" there as all future branches will be based in some way on master.  We should make sure your work lives.

-David

Re: Hello World! - How can I help?

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
Hi David,