Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by gkk gb <mo...@comcast.net> on 2019/11/02 21:06:04 UTC

[users@httpd] How to convert mod_jk to mod_proxy_ajp on CentOS?

I had a CentOS 7.7 with Tomcat 8.5.9 and mod_jk working fine, but after updating to the latest Cpanel, which required installing EasyApache 4, mod_jk no longer works (appears it is not compatible with EasyApache 4).

I believe my next best option (correct me if wrong) is installing mod_proxy_ajp. Can someone summarize what I need to do to get mod_proxy_ajp installed and working in place of mod_jk?

I'm a newbie, so please be explicit.

Re: [users@httpd] How to convert mod_jk to mod_proxy_ajp on CentOS?

Posted by gkk gb <mo...@comcast.net>.
I realize the reason httpd didn't restart is because EasyApache automatically inserts listens to port 0.0.0.0:80 and 0.0.0.0:443, so including additional listens in the Pre Main Include section causes Apache not to start (can't use more than one listen for the same port in httpd.conf).

Everything seems to work fine using the default ports above. However, I'm not sure if 0.0.0.0 is achieving the same thing (e.g. as efficient) as 192.168.0.2. So, I tried to use WHM's Tweak Settings, System panel to change EasyApache's default ports to 192.168.0.2:80 and 192.168.0.2:443 (respectively). If I then stop and start httpd, the webpages no longer load.

Can anyone explain why listening on these ports no longer works, when it used to before EasyApache 4?

Posted by gkk gb <mo...@comcast.net>.