Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Aleksandersen <al...@runbox.com> on 2008/04/04 10:48:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Content negotiation and IE7

Hi list,

IE 7 and 8b, and newer versions of Safari sends HTTP "Accept: */*" headers. How to deal with these browsers when working with content negotiation? I have three different types available:
application/xhtml+xml; qs=1.0
text/html; qs=0.75
text/plain; qs=0.2

Fsome reason, IE7 retrives the plain text version. I have been told Safari does the same.

I have a variant type map for the URI with source quality identifiers (as above). So really it should use XHTML or HTML before falling back to plain text. The "DefaultType text/html" is specified on the server too.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen

Re: [users@httpd] Content negotiation and IE7

Posted by Daniel Aleksandersen <al...@runbox.com>.
Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:48:49 +0200 (CEST), Daniel Aleksandersen:
> Hi list,
>
> IE 7 and 8b, and newer versions of Safari sends HTTP "Accept: */*" headers. How to deal with these browsers when working with content negotiation? I have three different types available:
> application/xhtml+xml; qs=1.0
> text/html; qs=0.75
> text/plain; qs=0.2
>
> For some reason, IE7 retrives the plain text version. I have been told Safari does the same.
>
> I have a variant type map for the URI with source quality identifiers (as above). So really it should use XHTML or HTML before falling back to plain text. The "DefaultType text/html" is specified on the server too.

Could this be a collission between multiviews and a type-map?
--
Daniel Aleksandersen