Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/04/01 00:59:40 UTC

ops on #hive IRC channel

Does anyone have subj?
It would be nice to set the channel to +s (so it doesn’t show up in the channel list), and also ban the bot (or whoever) that keeps joining and posting random links and blurbs (it’s always using the same ident, ~Thunderbi@112.198.78.145, as far as I see in the recent logs).
When on IRC, I’d prefer to be able to idle in peace.

Re: ops on #hive IRC channel

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think we should take this opportunity to move to apache-hive. I dont
> think anyone every used this channel for anything. There is many things on
> the internet named hive and naturally it will get spam-ish. We could also
> renew an effort to actually use IRC.
>
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have subj?
>> It would be nice to set the channel to +s (so it doesn’t show up in the
>> channel list), and also ban the bot (or whoever) that keeps joining and
>> posting random links and blurbs (it’s always using the same ident, ~
>> Thunderbi@112.198.78.145, as far as I see in the recent logs).
>> When on IRC, I’d prefer to be able to idle in peace.

Move to apache-hive?

[14:53:33] <EdwardCapriolo> Is anyone in here actually using Hive the
apache software?
[17:20:14] stony [~stony@112.198.102.205] has joined #hive
[17:20:51] <stony> Hayop ka... Hayop ka talaga, hayop!
[17:54:11] <stony> "Oh what aheaven is love, Oh what a hell..."
[17:54:18] stony [~stony@112.198.102.205] has quit IRC: Quit: stony
[18:08:53] <sershe1> me
[18:09:11] <sershe1> well, not using, as such, but I run it when making
patches on some test clusters
[18:12:16] stony [~stony@112.198.102.205] has joined #hive
[18:31:19] stony [~stony@112.198.102.205] has quit IRC: Remote host closed
the connection
[18:33:28] stony [~stony@112.198.102.205] has joined #hive
[18:48:19] <stony> I am Stony, I give up...
[18:52:10] <stony> Donald C. Sangil, location: Glan Padidu, Sarangani.
Philippines...
[18:54:35] <stony> Also known as, Archangel Stony. Gabriel in the Holy
Bible...
[18:55:17] <stony> Forgive me.

Re: ops on #hive IRC channel

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.