Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net> on 2014/01/30 21:35:41 UTC

[allura:tickets] #5769 Can't select code via double- or triple-click

You can't prevent the page from moving at least momentarily (enough to interfere with a double-click) when changing the URL target via `window.location`.  On browsers that support it, you can use `history.pushState()` or `history.replaceState()` to do so, but it won't work in most versions of IE.

I think the best option would be to delay the click handler to allow for the double-click to register before updating the URL target.

---

** [tickets:#5769] Can't select code via double- or triple-click**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** ux
**Created:** Thu Feb 07, 2013 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Jan 30, 2014 08:30 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Whenever you click on a line in the code browser, it highlights it and sets the URL target to #lNNN which moves the page around.  That prevents me from double-click to select one word or triple-clicking to select one line, because the page moves.  I think it'd be best to not move the page when you click on a line, that is unexpected.  We'd still want the highlight and URL target to be set though...

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/