Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/05/17 14:43:39 UTC

CFP for Lucene Revolution Conference, Boston, MA October 7 & 8 2010

Lucene Revolution Call For Participation - Boston, Massachusetts October 7 & 8, 2010

The first US conference dedicated to Apache Lucene and Solr is coming to Boston, October 7 & 8, 2010. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination with additional support from community and other commercial co‐sponsors. The audience will include those experienced Solr and Lucene application development, along with those experienced in other enterprise search technologies interested becoming more familiar with Solr and Lucene technologies and the opportunities they present.

We are soliciting 45‐minute presentations for the conference.

Key Dates:
May 12, 2010         Call For Participation Open
June 23, 2010        Call For Participation Closes
June 28, 2010        Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
October 5‐6, 2010  Lucene and Solr Pre‐conference Training Sessions
October 7‐8, 2010  Conference Sessions

Topics of interest include:
Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment, etc.)
 “How We Did It” Development Case Studies
Spatial/Geo search
 Lucene and Solr in the Cloud (Deployment cases as well as tutorials)
Scalability and Performance Tuning
Large Scale Search
Real Time Search
Data Integration/Data Management
Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications

All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance is available for speakers that qualify.

To submit a 45‐minute presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp@lucenerevolution.org with Subject containing: <your name>, Topic <your session title> containing the following information in plain text.

If you have more than one topic proposed, send a separate email. Do not attach Word or other text file documents.

Return all fields completed as follows:
1.    Your full name, title, and organization
2.    Contact information, including your address, email, phone number
3.    The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple, interesting, and relevant to the topic)
4.    A 75‐200 word overview of your presentation; in addition to the topic, describe whether your
presentation is intended as a tutorial, description of an implementation, an theoretical/academic
discussion, etc.
5.    A 100‐200‐word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or related experience
To be considered, proposals must be received by 12 Midnight PDT Wednesday, June 23, 2010.

We look forward to seeing you in Boston!

Re: CFP for Lucene Revolution Conference, Boston, MA October 7 & 8 2010

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the noise, but thought I would send out a reminder to get your talks in...

On May 17, 2010, at 8:43 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Lucene Revolution Call For Participation - Boston, Massachusetts October 7 & 8, 2010
>
> The first US conference dedicated to Apache Lucene and Solr is coming to Boston, October 7 & 8, 2010. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination with additional support from community and other commercial co‐sponsors. The audience will include those experienced Solr and Lucene application development, along with those experienced in other enterprise search technologies interested becoming more familiar with Solr and Lucene technologies and the opportunities they present.
>
> We are soliciting 45‐minute presentations for the conference.
>
> Key Dates:
> May 12, 2010         Call For Participation Open
> June 23, 2010        Call For Participation Closes
> June 28, 2010        Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
> October 5‐6, 2010  Lucene and Solr Pre‐conference Training Sessions
> October 7‐8, 2010  Conference Sessions
>

> Topics of interest include:
> Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment, etc.)
>  “How We Did It” Development Case Studies
> Spatial/Geo search
>  Lucene and Solr in the Cloud (Deployment cases as well as tutorials)
> Scalability and Performance Tuning
> Large Scale Search
> Real Time Search
> Data Integration/Data Management
> Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications
>
> All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance is available for speakers that qualify.
>
> To submit a 45‐minute presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp@lucenerevolution.org with Subject containing: <your name>, Topic <your session title> containing the following information in plain text.
>
> If you have more than one topic proposed, send a separate email. Do not attach Word or other text file documents.
>
> Return all fields completed as follows:
> 1.    Your full name, title, and organization
> 2.    Contact information, including your address, email, phone number
> 3.    The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple, interesting, and relevant to the topic)
> 4.    A 75‐200 word overview of your presentation; in addition to the topic, describe whether your
> presentation is intended as a tutorial, description of an implementation, an theoretical/academic
> discussion, etc.
> 5.    A 100‐200‐word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or related experience
> To be considered, proposals must be received by 12 Midnight PDT Wednesday, June 23, 2010.

> We look forward to seeing you in Boston!

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem using Solr/Lucene: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: CFP for Lucene Revolution Conference, Boston, MA October 7 & 8 2010

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net>.
Are there any of these conferences in India?

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
EARTH has a Right To Life,
  otherwise we all die.

Read 'Hot, Flat, and Crowded'
Laugh at http://www.yert.com/film.php

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
You obviously just want to ensure a quick getaway :)

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com (mobile)

On May 21, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.