Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 16:52:42 UTC

Is There Procedure to Upgrade Accumulo in Working Cluster?

Let's say that my cluster grows beyond the size where it is acceptable
to manually upgrade from v1.4 to v1.5. Is there a process to automate
the upgrade? Is the manual process documented?

Re: Is There Procedure to Upgrade Accumulo in Working Cluster?

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
NVM ... apparently Whirr is thinking about delegating hadoop
management to Ambari.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
The process to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4, is the following.

 * configure 1.4
 * deploy 1.4 software across cluster
 * shut down 1.3
 * start 1.4

Its manual and is not an online uprade.  Not sure what we will do for
1.5 yet, probably something similar.

Automating it seems trick because there are so many ways to "deploy
1.4 software across cluster".

Keith

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
Presently there are documented procedures.  There are no reasons why 1.5
won't run on a 1.4 instance.

Install 1.5-SNAPSHOT, configure it like 1.4.  Shutdown 1.4, start up 1.5.

-Eric