Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ashish Goel <as...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/16 21:09:29 UTC

Querying a file prefix in a directory or in S3

Hi,

I have a bunch of files in a common S3 prefix all of them are CSV but with
3 different schemas. The same schema files follow a common naming prefix
convention i.e. all files with schema s1 are named as file1*, all files
with schema s2 are named as file2* etc. Is it possible for me to query such
files from Drill. I couldn't find a reference to specify regex in S3
prefix.

Though my use case is specific to S3, I think the same would apply for DFS.
Wondering if anyone had a similar use case before and how were they able to
work around this.

Ashish