Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2019/07/13 11:13:22 UTC

Has anyone thought of writing a book about Apache Calcite ?

I don't think Calcite is fundamentally evolving that much, so a book would
stay relevant for enough time to make use of it.

So has anyone/group start working on a book about Apache Calcite ? Does it
sound like a good idea to you ?

Thanks,
Gelbana

Re: Has anyone thought of writing a book about Apache Calcite ?

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I’ve *thought* about writing a book. I wrote a book about another open source project, Mondrian, for Manning. It was an enjoyable experience, but very hard work and time-consuming, even though I had two excellent co-authors. So, I personally am not in a hurry to write another book.

I’d love it it someone wrote a book, and I will support them any way I can. It’s certainly a good way of building your resume & visibility. I can make introductions at Manning if anyone is interested.

Julian

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.