Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr> on 2002/09/05 16:36:59 UTC

Questions on versioning

Hi,

I am testing versioning with auto-version-control parameter set to true,
JDBCDescriptorStore
and FileContentStore and have a couple of questions :

History - resource relation :

 If I have well understood, to each versioned resource correspond an
history object that contains
all resources revisions. This history object has as uri something like
/history/[historyNumber].
But I don't understand where in the database is stored historyNumber ->
resource relation.
Does anyone know ?

Zero length revisions :

With WebFolders version that comes with IE5.5, PUT are performed (don't
ask me why) in a very
strage manner : a first PUT request is sent with a zero length file and
then a second PUT request
is sent with the file content. This (nasty) behaviour is leading to
unnecessary revisions creations
when using auto-version parameter set to true : 2 revisions by PUT one
being empty.
Does anybody has a idea on the solvability of this (nasty) problem ?

Thanks

Jp