Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com> on 2010/05/19 03:44:33 UTC

Mail Delivery Failure

I posted a message to the list showing how the spam containing % in the
subject scored on my system. A bit later checking my failed messages
folder I saw this:

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

>>> users@spamassassin.apache.org (reading confirmation): 552 spam score
(12.0) exceeded threshold

All my post contained was my scores for the spam sample he posted. Any
reason how/why this happened? Here's the actual post:

http://pastebin.com/gSuHGqXa

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: Mail Delivery Failure

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 08:25 -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> On 5/19/2010 6:08 AM, Ned Slider wrote:
> > Chris wrote:
> >>
> >> All my post contained was my scores for the spam sample he posted. Any
> >> reason how/why this happened? Here's the actual post:
> >>
> >> http://pastebin.com/gSuHGqXa
> >>

> > The scores also contain URIs that were matched against URIBLs so any
> > email containing them will hit again as the "spammy" URIs are still
> > present albeit this time in the rule descriptions.
> >
> > At least you know your outbound spam filtering works ;)
> >

> Actually it wasn't his outbound, it was Apache's inbound filtering.
> (yes, this list is SA scanned, we are just one of many lists on the
> Apache servers)

Thanks Matt so I guess from now on if I want to show someone scores I
got on their spam I should put it in pastebin and just put the link in.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: Mail Delivery Failure