Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Steele <br...@paintedword.com> on 2002/07/31 00:06:33 UTC

Jrun and struts 1.1b

Anyone successfully deployed 1.1b on jrun?

Specifically, I REALLY could use the nested functionality for my app.  Is it possible to use the struts-nested.tld with 1.0.2?

I can't get my ActionServlet to init() because it can't find ApplicationResources.properties.   Yes, I have the correct info in my struts-config.xml and not web.xml.  I've tried putting it in the jar, manually inserting it in the JRun deploy directory (WEB-INF/classes), but it can never find the file, thus i get...

Exception thrown processing JSP page.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection

and the logs show.....

error (JRun) Could not pre-load servlet: payroll [javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not instantiate com.xxx.payroll.action.PayrollActionServlet]
[1]java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources.java:558)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.java:1153)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:449)

any suggestions as to 'help' jrun or get nesting working with 1.0.2?

thanks in advance.

-brian