Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com> on 2012/01/19 09:32:08 UTC

Release perform met exception because of strange project structure.

Hi there,

I met a tricky problem about release.

I used jenkins release plug in to do the release, in the past, everything is ok. However, yesterday, there is a new project, the project structure like this:

Project
-----.git
------myproject
         ----------------pom.xml
         ----------------xxxx.......

This structure is very strange because in the past, the .git folder should be in the myproject.

When I release this project in manve perform phase, there is an exception, you can find it as follows:

[INFO] [ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory (/home/xx/.jenkins/jobs/ABC/workspace/bde/target/checkout). Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]

This is the command:

[DEBUG] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /home/etigwuu/.jenkins/jobs/DCMLTE_BDE/workspace/bde/target/checkout && /home/gg/maven/apache-maven-3.0.3/bin/mvn -B -X -D maven.repo.local=/home/xx/.m2/repository -s /home/xx/.m2/settings.xml -D performRelease=true -P default-repo deploy
[INFO] Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-03-01 01:31:09+0800)

Because it runs the maven common in the checkout folder, however, the pom is in the sub-folder, so the error happens.

Do you have any idea for this? If I should change the structure or if there is other method can solve this?

Brs,
Tim

RE: Release perform met exception because of strange project structure.

Posted by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com>.
Hi Wayne,

I had changed the project structure now, it works well.

Thanks for your comments.

Brs,
Tim

> Do you have any idea for this? If I should change the structure or if there
> is other method can solve this?

Changing the structure seems like the most pragmatic solution to your problem.

Wayne

Re: Release perform met exception because of strange project structure.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.