Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Tom Holmes Jr." <to...@attbi.com> on 2003/01/13 06:25:50 UTC

Win2K, Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.18

I have spent the last three days looking at all the JK2 docs, and all the
sites, and even checked the archives of this list. I believe I have done my
due diligence on doing research before posting this message, believe me it
was a last resort.

1) Apache 2.0.43 was installed and works great on port 80
2) Tomcat 4.1.18 was installed and it works great on port 8080 if I run it
as a standalone.

I do want to integrate these two products and use Apache 2.0.43 on port 80.

So, the httpd.conf works great with loading the module mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll,
no problem there.
The file  $(tomcat_home)\conf\server.xml  hasn't been changed at all, maybe
it needs to be.

I tried following the web-site instructions on:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/
on setting up the jk2.properties

my jk2.properties:  these are the only properties set, everything else is
commented out.
This is supposed to be the configuration to make JNI work for AJP13.

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
handler.list=apr,request,channelJni

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

For size reasons, I am going to include the workers2.properties file which
lives in the correct location of:
${apache_home}\conf\workers2.properties

So, where is what works  http://localhost:8080/examples      all the JSP's
work and all the Servlets work, but that is the local web-server of tomcat.
I want the same thing to work with http://localhost/examples as well.

So, what am I doing wrong ... because there is something not set correctly,
but I am tearing my hair out by not being able to get this working.

I am also going to include my error log so you can see what is going on with
that.  This is the error log from Apache 2.0.43.

Please look at my files and see what you can do to help me with my mistakes.
TIA.

                 Tom