Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2017/03/02 07:39:45 UTC

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Gently nudging the PMC members to cast their votes :)

We are still one vote short. If someone needs more time, could you please indicate that you are planning to vote?

Andrus

(OT: what's everyone's feeling - is our new frequent release schedule unsustainable in practice?)

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Still on my to-do list, but I've just been short on time.  I should be able
to get to it tomorrow or this weekend at the latest, but don't let my
schedule hold things up if we get enough votes!

I'm not opposed to more frequent releases since, if nothing else, it makes
the project seem more active to outsiders.

mrg

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thanks Nikita!

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@godurkodi.is>.
Thanks for all your hard work guys! The progress Cayenne has made in the last few months is amazing and M5 is awesome.

- hugi

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Hi all,

As we have everything required for the M5 release I'm going to
complete it today.

Thank you for your votes and ideas!

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:

>>> On Mar 2, 2017, at 11:55 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Would it help if we set up a Jenkins job to create the build artifacts then we have an easier to verify chain from source checkout to artifact creation?
>>
>> It most certainly will. How do we sign the files though?
>
> There can still be a step of downloading the files from jenkins, signing and uploading. md5 hashes are still there for verifying the Jenkins output is intact.
>
> I'm not sure how we verify that Jenkins itself isn't compromised, but perhaps we can ask what others do.
>

> Ari
>

> --
> -------------------------->
> Aristedes Maniatis

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M5 release v2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Here's my +1. I reviewed the OSX version and modeler against my work schema.

I think more frequent releases are a good thing. Would it help if we set up a Jenkins job to create the build artifacts then we have an easier to verify chain from source checkout to artifact creation?

Ari