Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is> on 2003/07/24 22:08:23 UTC

Struts 1.1 support - Struts modules are in!

Check this out:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Velocity_Tools_For_Struts_1.1

On this page you can view:

the new TilesTool,

upgraded versions of ActionMessagesTool, ErrorsTool, MessageTool, and
StrutsLinkTool that support Struts modules,

and a new StrutsUtils class that supports modules.

(the FormTool doesn't require any changes afaick.)

It seems that support for Struts 1.1 features like ActionMessages, Tiles,
and Modules are now in ... if we get that Validator javascript access thingy
out of the way - I gather a 1.1 release isn't very far off ... how about it
Timo ;)

cheers,
Marinó

Re: Struts 1.1 support - Struts modules are in!

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Marinó A. Jónsson said:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Velocity_Tools_For_Struts_1.1
>
> On this page you can view:
> the new TilesTool,
> upgraded versions of ActionMessagesTool, ErrorsTool, MessageTool, and
> StrutsLinkTool that support Struts modules,
> and a new StrutsUtils class that supports modules.

now you can just get them from the current velocity-tools CVS.  excellent
work!  all this stuff is a *huge* help!

> It seems that support for Struts 1.1 features like ActionMessages, Tiles,
> and Modules are now in ...

well, *now* they're in. :)

> if we get that Validator javascript access thingy
> out of the way - I gather a 1.1 release isn't very far off ...

maybe :)  i would like to get this new stuff documented and exampled first.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

RE: Struts 1.1 support - Struts modules are in!

Posted by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com>.
>... if we get that Validator  javascript access thingy
> out of the way - I gather a 1.1 release isn't very far off
> ... how about it Timo ;)
Alrighty! I'm on it.

I should be able to hack up a quick 1.0 version, but may be a bit slower
on the 1.1 since I'm not using Struts 1.1 yet. :-(

Timo