Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/05 23:34:45 UTC

restart cassandra after instances stop/start

Hi,

I followed the instructions here
http://nubetech.co/setting-up-cassandra-clusters-in-the-cloud-with-whirr
to set up an ec2 cluster on AWS. Everything works great until I stop
my instances (to save money) and restart them because the instances
get new IPs. What changes do I need to make in order to get my
cassandra cluster up and running again? Thanks.

Regards,

-k

Re: restart cassandra after instances stop/start

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
I am glad it works. Probably we should make that error more user friendly.

On Jun 6, 2011 10:05 PM, "Khanh Nguyen" <ng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, nevermind. I figured it out. It should be
>
> whirr.image-id = <zone>/<id>
>

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I add another line to my cassandra.properties
> >
> > whirr.image-id=<id>
> >
> > with <id> being several AMIs from http://cloud.ubuntu.ami/ but I
> > always got an exception
> >
> > ...,
description=099720109477/ebs/ubuntu-images/ubuntu-lucid-10.04-i386-server-20100923],

description=099720109477/ebs/ubuntu-images/ubuntu-lucid-10.04-i386-server-20100923,
> > version=20100923, location=[id=us-east-1, scope=REGION,
> > description=us-east-1, parent=aws-ec2, iso3166Codes=[US-VA],
> > metadata={}], loginUser=ubuntu, userMetadata={owner=099720109477,
> > rootDeviceType=ebs}]]
> >        at
org.jclouds.compute.domain.internal.TemplateBuilderImpl.build(TemplateBuilderImpl.java:551)
> >        at
org.apache.whirr.cluster.actions.BootstrapClusterAction.buildTemplate(BootstrapClusterAction.java:167)
> >        at
org.apache.whirr.cluster.actions.BootstrapClusterAction.doAction(BootstrapClusterAction.java:117)
> >        at
org.apache.whirr.cluster.actions.ScriptBasedClusterAction.execute(ScriptBasedClusterAction.java:74)
> >        at
org.apache.whirr.service.Service.launchCluster(Service.java:76)
> >        at
org.apache.whirr.cli.command.LaunchClusterCommand.run(LaunchClusterCommand.java:61)

Posted by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com>.