Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Fenbers <ma...@noaa.gov> on 2015/09/18 19:39:42 UTC

Headscratcher 2 of 2

Greetings!

I cannot seem to configure the spell-checker to return results in XML
instead of JSON.  I tried programmatically, as in ...

params.set("wt", "xml");
solr.query(params);

... and I tried through the solrconfig.xml.  My problem here is that it
is not exactly clear (because I've seen no example doing this) where the
spec

<str name="wt">xml</str>

is supposed to go (although I tried it in a number of places that made
intuitive sense to me).  In which tag(s) does it go, exactly?  Or do I
even have the spec syntax right?

Nothing I tried is working -- I get back JSON no matter what I try. Can
you offer specific advice?

Mark

Re: Headscratcher 2 of 2

Posted by Mark Fenbers <ma...@noaa.gov>.
OK, I understand now!  To view the results before going much farther, I
simply did a "System.err.println(queryresponse);" which printed the
results in a JSON-like format.  Instead, I need to use the methods of
the queryresponse object to view my output.  Apparently, the
queryreponse.toString() is what is formatting in JSON...  Doink!!

Thanks for the nudge!

Mark

Re: Headscratcher 2 of 2

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.