Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by go canal <go...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/28 02:01:09 UTC

Re: Error creating bean with name 'jackrabbitRepository' ......Thee repository home C:\Spring3Repo appears to be in use since the file named .lock is already locked by the current process.

I am not so sure but unlikely.

I restart Eclipse, then start the web application, still the same problem. There is a  .lock file created in the repo folder.

 rgds,
canal

________________________________
Posted by go canal <go...@yahoo.com>.
finally found the problem - this has nothing to do with the version of any components I use, Jackrabbit or Spring.

I load myservlet-servlet.xml using Spring's ContextLoaderListener in web.xml;
myservlet-servlet.xml  <import> other configuration files. This causes the 'lock' problem because I think beans are then initialized twice.

What I did was to load myservlet-context.xml in ContextLoaderListener instead.
myservlet-context.xml imports other configuration files.
myservlet-servlet.xml is anyway automatically loaded by the servelet container.

Alex is right, 'someone' else is started already, causing the conflict.
rgds,
canal