Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2012/11/10 04:20:06 UTC

URGENT: PMCs, Projects still waiting for COMMITTERS REG CODE [was: We should be at ApacheCon North America in February 2013]

Thank you, Jan. Hello, Randall!

To clarify, there are three rates available for ApacheCon: Committer, Regular (public), and Student.

Within these rates are Early Bird Pricing.

There was a recent adjustment to the pricing during a meeting at ApacheCon Europe this week, which is why the Website does not yet reflect the adjustment nor offer Committer Registration. We have not announced the Committer Registration discount codes.

As you are an ASF Committer, I'll focus on this here. The Super-Discounted rate for Committers is $675 and is valid through 7 December. Once we announce the Committer code, you may register, but must do so using your @apache.org address in order to receive the discounted rate.

After 7 December, registration for Committers will be $895 until 31 December; then $1,095 until the conference begins.

To reiterate: I'm still waiting for the discount code, as it isn't in place yet. Once we have it, we'll announce to the Committers list.

I'm copying the ApacheCon Planning team here for their follow-up. This is the fourth query I've received about this, so we're working to get this resolved soon.

Thanks in advance, Planners, for your help with this!

Cheers,
Sally

= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656
aux +1 917 725 2133
skype sallykhudairi

Re: URGENT: PMCs, Projects still waiting for COMMITTERS REG CODE [was: We should be at ApacheCon North America in February 2013]

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.
Good news and bad news, so I'll give you the bad news first: the information below is incorrect.

Lest you should think that this is any fault of Sally's, PLEASE let me point out that this new information was only developed during the last few hours of ApacheCon EU, to allow as many committers as possible to attend, and so Sally was not a part of the discussions.

Now for the good news: tickets are available for committers at $275 each, and are on sale NOW.

Make sure that you use your @apache.org address to register as a committer. Visit http://acna13.eventbrite.com and click the red "Enter promotional code" text underneath the ticket listings. Enter the code "committer-13", click the "Apply" button and you will see the tickets revealed.

Sorry for the delay in making these tickets available. We are looking forward to seeing your registrations!

regards
 Steve

Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Hello again, Jan, Randall, and the CouchDB PMC --you may receive this information via the committers@ list shortly (it's awaiting moderation), but in the meantime...here's the inside scoop so you can get in straight away:

= = =
We encourage you to register early, as space is limited for the overall event, and there are a set number of Committer tickets.

1) PRICES: we are offering a few dozen hyper-discounted tickets at ***$275*** each --the usual Early Bird rate for Committers is $675-- these subsidized tickets are available first come, first go.

Once the $275 tickets are sold out, the $675 Early Bird Committer rate is in effect through 7 December. After that, registration for Committers will be $895 until 31 December, then $1,095 until the conference begins. TO REITERATE: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT IS ONLY AVAILABLE DURING THE 2012 CALENDAR YEAR. All Committers tickets after this time are $1,095.

2) REGISTRATION: you _must_ register using your @apache.org address in order to receive the Committer discount. No exceptions!

To sign up, go to http://acna13.eventbrite.com/# and click on the orange "Enter promotional code" link above the green "Register" button. Enter promotional code "committer-13" in the text box and click "Apply". You will note that "Committer Registration" will appear as a new ticket option at the top of the page. Select the number of tickets --limited to one per Committer-- (but you have to select "1", then complete the registration forms on the following page.

We appreciate your patience and enthusiastic support. This is going to be a great event & we look forward to seeing you in Portland!

+ have you submitted your talk or training yet? The CFP closes tomorrow! http://na.apachecon.com/cfp/

= = =

Thanks!

-Sally