Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Zhou Yongcheng <zh...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/06 08:16:52 UTC

apache, tomcat, ssl and tapestry's secure anotation question

deployed tapestry application on standalone tomcat server with ssl support,
tapestry's security anotation solution is very wonderful. now i feel
confused if it is necessary when i use apache as proxy server to deal with
SSL.

the following is my understanding.

1) tapestry's security anotation is deal with it's client.

2) when use apache as proxy server, then apache is the client of tomcat(
tapestry application's client), so if want to use security annotation,
tomcat need to support SSL)

3)when use apache as proxy server and use it deal with SSL, tapestry's
security annotation is not necessary. (regret that lost the convenience)
and have to configure apache server to complete the security function
provided by tapestry.

I'm afraid  i made some misunderstand. so please anyone told me how to deal
with the following situation in production environment.

   Use apache as proxy server and deal with SSL.

Best Regards

Re: apache, tomcat, ssl and tapestry's secure anotation question

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
I am a fan of using Apache SSL with an AJP connector to Tomcat. AJP maintains the HTTPS security info, allowing Tapestry pages marked @Secure to recognise whether a secure connection has been used.

Geoff