Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2012/02/01 20:44:01 UTC

Re: SolrCloud war?

Hi,
   I'm trying to get the SolrCloud2 examples to work using a war
deployed solr into glassfish.
The startup properties must be different in this case, because its
having trouble connecting to zookeeper when
I deploy the solr war file.

Perhaps the embedded zookeeper has trouble running in an app server?

Any tips appreciated!

Darren

Re: SolrCloud war?

Posted by Alexander Aristov <al...@gmail.com>.
!!! OFF TOPIC, soooorry !!!!

I cannot stand but I want to write this. Subject is very intriguing beacuse
of two meanings of the war word. :)

Best Regards
Alexander Aristov

Re: SolrCloud war?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: SolrCloud war?

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.
UPDATE:

I set my app server[1] system property jetty.port to be equal to the app
servers open port and was able to get two Solr shards to talk.

The overall properties I set are:

App server domain 1:

bootstrap_confdir
collection.configName
jetty.port
solr.solr.home
zkRun

App server domain 2:

bootstrap_confdir
collection.configName
jetty.port
solr.solr.home
zkHost

I deployed each war app into the "/solr" context. I presume its needed
by remote URL addressing.
I checked the zookeeper config page and it shows both shards.

Awesome.

[1] Glassfish 3.1.1

Re: SolrCloud war?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.