Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Raj Arora <ra...@vayyoo.com> on 2012/05/15 20:14:30 UTC

falix and rome rss api

Hi

I have a felix bundle that reads/writes a rss feed using a java api called rome
https://rometools.jira.com/wiki/display/ROME/ROME+Releases

Rome has this mechanism to extend the rss content such that you can write custom data
https://rometools.jira.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4227201

Creating the extension is fairly straight fwd and I've tested it with a standalone java application to know the recipe works.

When I try to integrate the recipe into my felix bundle, it does not work and I can't figure out why.

TheĀ  recipe calls for creating a jar with a property file at the root and classes packaged in the jar.

I then need to get this jar onto the felix classpath, because "rome" scans the classpath to look for property file with a given name and if it see's the property file it then knows an extension exists.

I am having trouble understanding how to get this jar onto the felix classpath.

I understand that the bundle manifest should include an import statement to reference my package from the jar and that each bundle is effectively a sandbox that has its own classloader.

I was reading and playing around
with org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra to get my package visible
to all bundles but this did not seem to help.

Does anyone have any experience with felix and rome or getting jar's on to the classpath as described here.

thanks

felix and rome rss api