Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abo alnoor <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/09 11:44:58 UTC

Tomcat Manager Authentication

when I enter the tomcat manager, the authentication dialoge opened and ask me
to enter username & password,
and I check the remember my password for the first time to remember me in
the next time, then I clear all the cookies and histories and password
form.. etc and all my private data from my Internet explorer, then I opened
the tomcat and click on tomcat manager link, the tomcat remember my
data(username and password).
The Question: who can tomcat remember my username and password, and where
Tomcat store them to read them in the next time, because Tomcat didnot read
them from tomcat-user.xml but Tomcat use tomcat-user.xml for authentication
only, and didnot use cookie to remember me.
plz any help and thanks in aadvance

Re: Tomcat Manager Authentication

Posted by Abo alnoor <al...@gmail.com>.
sorry, I erase all the data, you can try that.
if your talks correct, what is the choice "remember my password" in the
tomcat manager authentication dialoge
and who it remember my username and password next time

Posted by Abo alnoor <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Rodríguez Fernández <d-...@chronoexpres.com>.
Tomcat don't save the password, the password is sent by IE in every
connection. Maybe you don't has erased all data.

when I enter the tomcat manager, the authentication dialoge opened and ask
me to enter username & password, and I check the remember my password for
the first time to remember me in the next time, then I clear all the cookies
and histories and password form.. etc and all my private data from my
Internet explorer, then I opened the tomcat and click on tomcat manager
link, the tomcat remember my data(username and password).
The Question: who can tomcat remember my username and password, and where
Tomcat store them to read them in the next time, because Tomcat didnot read
them from tomcat-user.xml but Tomcat use tomcat-user.xml for authentication
only, and didnot use cookie to remember me.
plz any help and thanks in aadvance

La Información incluida en el presente correo electrónico es SECRETO
PROFESIONAL Y CONFIDENCIAL, siendo para el uso exclusivo del
destinatario arriba mencionado. Si usted lee este mensaje y no es el
destinatario señalado, el empleado o el agente responsable de entregar
el mensaje al destinatario, o ha recibido esta comunicación por error,
le informamos que esta totalmente prohibida cualquier divulgación,
distribución o reproducción de esta comunicación, y le rogamos que nos
lo notifique inmediatamente y nos devuelva el mensaje original a la
dirección arriba mencionada.

Gracias.

The information contained in this e-mail is LEGALLY PRIVILEDGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the addressee named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or
the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, or you have received this communication in error,
please be aware that any dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this communication is strictly prohibited, and please notify us
immediately and return the original message to us at the address above.

Thank you.